Face-to-Face Study Days
The only clinical-based baby loss training available in the UK.
At CuddleCot, we’re passionate about high-quality bereavement care and facilitating memories for families. This is why from 2023 we have launched the only clinical-focused face-to-face bereavement training day available in the UK.
We have full-day agendas that can be structured to suit different workplaces including maternity, gynaecology, paediatrics and hospices.
We also endeavour to work with charities in your local area for staff to familiarise themselves with work that is done locally to support families in your area. Charities and families can also fund Study Days in memory, should they wish to.
The full day agenda
- Definitions and terminology related to baby loss (pre-learning materials)
- Communication around diagnosis and loss
- Legalities, the coroner & Registering a birth, death and Stillbirth
- Labour and delivery when a baby has died and emergency procedures including interactive emergency skills drills
- Signs of Life and babies born before the age of “viability”
- Maceration and decomposition
- Keeping baby cool
- Use of the CuddleCot within a hospital environment and at home (and CuddleBlanket, where appropriate)
- Post mortem, the procedure and additional investigations
- Religion and Baby Loss
- Interactive Memory Making Workshop including inkless prints, clay prints, 3D Casts, memory boxes and fingerprints
- Self Care and Trauma
- Parent Accounts from guest speakers
- Signposting and support from businesses and charities
Interactive Memory Making Workshop
The workshop incorporates many aspects of memory-making that are offered in hospital and hospice settings including:
- Memory boxes – we have memory boxes offered by 4Louis to see options available to families
- Inkless hand and footprints – an opportunity to create hand and footprints using our specialist dolls
- Clay imprints – hands-on experience of how to prepare and create clay imprints using soft and hard clay as well as personalising these using our memory-making kit for families.
- Photographs – Access our memory book which is filled with photographs provided to us to help educate, and learn basic skills to create photographs for everlasting memories for families without the need for expensive equipment or photography knowledge.
- 3D Casting – learn the basic principles of creating casts to provide these to families.
Feedback from previous Study Days
We offer 12 free study days each year to hospitals within the UK that are using CuddleCots.
If you’d like to book a date to suit your university or hospital we can offer a full day study day at a cost of £500.